We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
150 gm wholemeal flour
150 gm plain rolled oats
180 gm carrots, grated (about 2 medium carrots)
70 gm honey or brown sugar (do not use honey if making for children under 12 months old)
½ tsp. cinnamon
100 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a 24-hole mini muffin tin with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, grated carrot, honey or brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Lightly whisk eggs and add to oil. Pour into carrot mixture and mix until just combined (don't overmix).
- Spoon evenly into the muffin tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.
- Substitute grated pumpkin, sweet potato or zucchini for some or all of the carrot.
- Encourage your child to get involved. Even toddlers can help by stirring the muffin mix. Preparing food with children is fun and helps build lots of skills.
Children under 12 months shouldn't have honey. You can find out more about foods to avoid at certain ages in our article on introducing solids.